Login: 
Register

All user's messages
Forum::
Added:: Select date in calendar ...  Select date in calendar

Posted:
11/01/2010 16:26:34
Go to
I pleaded for help from you because of all the PC clients can not access the internet unless they
access it via a proxy.
I'm using Usergate version 5.

Server has 3 interfaces. 1 WAN and 2 LAN. WAN interface connected to the ADSL modem . One of the LAN interface connected to the router (we call it LAN 1). Other LAN interface serves as a proxy access (we call it a LAN 2).

configuration interface IP address as follows:
WAN: IP: 202.101.1.1/24
GW: 202.101.1.254 (ADSL modem IP address)
DNS: from ISP.

LAN 1: IP: 202.101.2.2/24
GW: -
DNS: -

LAN 2: IP: 172.25.61.155/24
GW: -
DNS: -

Firewall From the Windows disabled.

Client settings: IP: 172.25.61.x/24
GW: 172.25.61.252 (Router Mikrotik)
DNS: from ISP

Mikrotik Router: the router has been added static route "Dest: 0.0.0.0 / 0, GW: 202.101.2.2 (LAN 1)

Firewall Rule applied:

1. NAT from LAN 1 to the WAN, service: HTTP, ICMP, DNS, FTP

2.Noneuser: Drop

DNS Forward: Disable

With the configuration, the client PC can not ping the DNS server, even the router can not ping the DNS server.

That's all. Thank you for your cooperation.
Posted:
11/03/2010 18:25:09
Go to
Thx for your concern.

1. I use router because in my office there are 2 gateway, one for office's application and the other for internet. sorry i dont mention it before.
Every PC clients connected to a catalyst switch, which connected to 2 router, one is for gateway for office application, and a mikrotik router. PC gateway is mikrotik address.

2. LAN2 connect to Catalys switch. I use this interface. because, at earlier phase of usergate installation, i set usergate only for internet sharing (proxy) that control internet access.
i set every PC's browser with this address proxy (172.25.61.155).
When i want to put usergate to firewall, I added new NIC n changes address, but i dont want other user to lost connection to internet while i configure the server, so i let the proxy interface (LAN 2) stay there.
I have planned to remove LAN2 interface, if connection OK.

I hope my explanation can help you to figure this out..
Thank you one more time for your coorperation

Forums list
New topics
Search
User list
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Twitter

Entensys Twitter Entensys Facebook