Geo Drako! URL in list must be entered by mask:
* is replace any simbols. With this mask every URL containing hi5.com must be rejected. It can be www.hi5.com or www.hi5.com/download/example.rar - so all those URLs will be blocked. Below is the URL list choosing "Whole URL"
Cody Jones! As temporary solution You can use WPAD (Web Proxy Auto-Discovery) which integrated in UserGate DHCP. With this functionality You no need to use transparent proxy. All you need is set checkbox"Automatically detect settings" in users browsers.
Also if there is an AD in your LAN you can do it by Group Policy.
- 1. You need to create new rule in "Trafic rules" such as "Connection" - "Close".
5. On the 5-th page of rule above URL list press the key "Import URLs"
6. Choose a file which you unpack from archive with *.flt extension
7. Choose "Whole string" at the bottom of URL list
8. Save the rule and apply it to the users.
- Pre-defined filters are the examples which only shows how it can be organized. They are not weekly modyfied.
- Only "Adult" and "Banners" filters are accessible.
When mail server hosts on the same server with proxy, there is no reason to create any NAT and Publishing rules. You only need to create the firewall rules to grant incoming and outgoing connections for the mail server ports. Also you need to check which interfaces are listening a mail server. You can find this option in the mail server options.
firdavs tursunov! In UserGate create NAT rule for 53 port UDP, save it and apply it to all users/groups in these settings.
On client's side in TCP properties set DNS same as providers DNS server.
Check that DNS requests are flowing properly with the command:
As result you should see:
firdavs tursunov! No. UserGate 4.x has no rules for cascading proxy manage, also there is no connection failover functionality.
Connection failover functionality will be released in 5th version of UserGate .
Hello Guy Moore!
HTTP authorization can only work when client's browser configured for using proxy. Only way is to use "Proxy Auto config" option in DHCP.
Your users will be able to receive IP address, gateway, DNS and proxy settings if in there browser checkbox "automatically detect settings" is marked.
Whith this option (Proxy Auto config) you also need to manually edit file wpad.dat which placed in \Usergate4.3\wwwroot\ directory.
1. No problem. You can continue using your DHCP server and you do not have to activate UserGate DHCP
2. All network rules are combined in "Firewall" - "Rules". Type of rule changes automatically depending on the settings you specify. It means that if you create rule where source is LAN and destination is WAN - this will be NAT rule.
Please don't forget to specify LAN and WAN in "Server UserGate" - "Interfaces"